Three simple words — “Nurture, Empower, and Outreach.” These three words express what Women’s Ministries is about and what we do.
Our aim is to nurture our sisters in the areas of spiritual and personal development. Having a daily relationship with Jesus is vital to our growth as daughters of God! With this in mind, we have created activities and ministry opportunities that emphasize the importance of prayer, Bible study, and personal devotions.
We seek to train, encourage, and motivate women to be involved in outreach through friendship evangelism, small group ministry, health outreach and more. We believe that our name, Women’s Ministries, indicates clearly what we are about: women involved in service to others. Each woman using the gifts that God has given her to draw others to Jesus, and thereby being drawn to Jesus ourselves.
The objective of the Armona Men’s Ministries is to disciple and equip the men in their roles as men of God, whether married, single, older, younger. We seek to do this through teaching, fellowship, and service; providing opportunity for fostering spiritual friendships and developing discipling relationships, so that men can grow in conformity to Christ, specifically in their roles as men.
The rationale for this is simple. Men have been given the key role in the Body of Christ. All believing men of the church, from pastoral staff to any believing man in the pew, have the responsibility to walk with Christ in obedience and grow in conformity to his image. Proverbs 27.17 says, “Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” The principle given here is that men need the encouragement, teaching, fellowship, and modeling of the Christian life from other men. This is what the Armona Men’s Ministry is all about!
Pathfinders are a worldwide organization of young people sponsored by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, though young people of any religious persuasion, or none at all, are welcome and encouraged to join.
Pathfinders offer a wide range of activities including, but not limited to:
- Camping & camping/survival skills
- Grade appropriate leadership training
- Activities promoting community pride & involvement through outreach activities, like helping in collecting food for the disadvantaged, visiting and encouraging the elderly, and MANY more!
- Interactive training in a variety of recreational, artistic, nature, conservation, vocational, and outreach areas, with awards (honors) given for successful completion of the interactive training modules.
The Pathfinder Pledge & Law is an important part of Pathfinders. Thousands of Pathfinders each year learn and choose to abide by the requirements of the Pathfinder Pledge and Law for the sole purpose of growing closer to their fellow men and women, and to their Creator.
Pathfinder Pledge and Law:
By the grace of God, I will be pure, and kind, and true. I will keep the Pathfinder Law. I will be a servant of God and a friend to man.
The Law is for me to: Keep the morning watch, Do my honest part, Care for my body, Keep a level eye, Be courteous and obedient, Walk softly in the sanctuary, Keep a song in my heart, Go on God’s errand.
Our Pathfinders, the Kings Crusaders, are a combination of young people from the greater Hanford and Lemoore areas.
The Adventurer Club is a Seventh-day Adventist Church-sponsored ministry open to all families of children in grades 1-4 who agree to keep the Adventurer Pledge and Law.
Why have an Adventurer program?
The Adventurer program is designed to support parents in assisting children with the challenging task of developing fully as followers of Christ in today’s world.
What is the Adventurer curriculum designed to accomplish?
- Children will, at their own level, commit their hearts and lives to Jesus Christ.
- Children will gain a positive attitude toward the benefits, joys, and responsibilities of living a Christian life.
- Children will acquire the habits, skills and knowledge needed to live for Jesus today.
- Parents and other primary care-givers will become more confident and effective as co-laborers with Christ for their children.
The Adventurer Club provides fun and creative ways for children.
- to develop a Christ-like character
- to experience the joy and satisfaction of doing things well
- to express their love for Jesus in a natural way
- to learn good sportsmanship and strengthen their ability to get along with others
- to discover their God-given abilities and to know how to use them to benefit self and serve others
- to improve their understanding of what makes families strong
Because Jesus loves me, I will always do my best.
Jesus can help me to
- Be obedient
- Be pure
- Be true
- Be kind
- Be respectful
- Be attentive
- Be helpful
- Be cheerful
- Be thoughtful
- Be reverent
The mission of Armona Seventh-day Adventist Church’s Health Ministries is to transform, change, and save lives for eternity by reaching the world for Christ through the powerful medium of health and well-being. Over the last 4 years we have organized an annual area-wide health expo, providing thousands of dollars of free dental and medical care for those in our community! Please join our movement through participation, volunteering and supporting these efforts!
Connect with us on Facebook and check back here frequently for current opportunities to live healthy.