Make disciples of Jesus Christ who live as His loving witnesses and proclaim to all people the everlasting gospel of the Three Angel’s Messages in preparation for His soon return. (Matt 28:18-20, Acts 1:8, Rev. 14:6-12)
Guided by the Bible and the Holy Spirit, we as Seventh-day Adventist pursue this mission through Christ-like living, communicating, discipling, teaching, healing and serving.
Implementation of our Mission
Called by God, guided by the Bible, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, Seventh-day Adventists, wherever we live in the world, devote ourselves to:
1. Christ-like Living - Illustrating the Lordship of Jesus in our lives by moral, ethical, and social behaviors that are consistent with the teachings and example of Jesus.
2. Christ-like Communicating - Realizing that all are called to active witness, we share through personal conversation, preaching, publishing, and the arts the Bible's message about God and the hope and salvation offered through the life, ministry, atoning death, resurrection, and high priestly ministry of Jesus Christ.
3. Christ-like Discipling - Affirming the vital importance of continued spiritual growth and development among all who accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, we nurture and instruct each other in righteous living, provide training for effective witness, and encourage responsive obedience to God's will.
4. Christ-like Teaching - Acknowledging that development of mind and character is essential to God's redemptive plan, we promote the growth of a mature understanding of and relationship to God, His Word, and the created universe.
5. Christ-like Healing - Affirming the biblical principles of well-being of the whole person, we make healthful living and the healing of the sick a priority and through our ministry to the poor and oppressed, cooperate with the Creator in His compassionate work of restoration.
6. Christ-like Serving - Following the example of Jesus we commit ourselves to humble service, ministering to individuals and populations most affected by poverty, hopelessness, and disease.